Friday, February 13, 2009

NEW OFFICE

I wrote in an earlier blog that when I retired, I had to give up the best office that I’d ever had. I lamented that Tom had an office (thereby breaking the 11th commandment : Thou shalt not covet thy husband’s office.). But I had reason to whine: I had nowhere to park my retired butt when I wanted to conduct my very important retired-person business and think my very deep retired-person thoughts.

No more worries: I’ve finally carved out a little space for myself.

Here’s the great part. I took the corner of an infrequently used bedroom and left the bed in it! It’s just like we used to talk about at work, how great it would be to have a bed in our office for a little siesta after lunch. (Don’t lie; you’ve thought the same thing.)

I already had my desk (just never used it), and I painted a little cupboard that didn’t have any “Feng Shui” in its former spot (or so I was told by my daughter who does yoga, so she should know). I moved a radio/CD player in, set it to the oldies station (songs from the 50s, 60s, and 70s so I actually know the words), hooked up my printer, displayed my favorite pictures, arranged my pens and pencils, and presto! My office was born.

The result is a little haven where I can go that makes me feel like I still am a contributing person shuffling highly valuable papers and legally binding documents. After all, people who have offices have real business to take care of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great--congratulations! I wish I could be at home at a desk listening to music. Sounds very nice...