Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TOM’S MOONLIGHTING JOB

I think I’ve discovered what Tom does to supplement his retirement pension.

He says he is going off to work at the local Food Shelf or volunteer at the VA Clinic. He says he is going off to referee football games or provide radio color for the high school hockey teams. He says he’s going fishing. He says he’s going biking. He says he’s going for a cup of coffee at a friend’s house.

Naively, I believed all those stories he told me until I read the comics page in yesterday’s newspaper.

Now I think that secretly, on the side, he has a little studio somewhere, complete with sharpened No. 2 pencils and a 64-crayon Crayola box, where he draws The Lockhorns cartoon.

That’s what I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never noticed it before, but you're right--Tom looks exactly like the Mr. and you look exactly like the Mrs. You ARE the Lockhorns!